School History

Wetherby was founded by Mr and Mrs Gerald Russell in Wetherby Place, SW7 in 1951.  It moved to Pembridge Square, W2 4ED in 1971 when it became part of Davies, Laing and Dick Educational Group with its own board of governors.

In 2002, Wetherby became part of the Alpha Plus Educational Group.

Wetherby School is divided between two sites. Little Wetherby and Reception are based at 19 Pembridge Villas and Years 1, 2 and 3 are based at 11 Pembridge Square.

Wetherby School belongs to the Alpha Plus Group, who own a number of schools and colleges, mostly located in London. The Alpha Plus governors carry out the corporate governance responsibility for the school. The CEO, Mr Graham Able, and the directors of the company are based at Head Office, 50 Queen Anne Street, London, W1G 8HJ. Telephone: 020 7487 6000.