A school is a community. Our School Council helps to make Wetherby School a more harmonious and positive community to live in. It is a place where boys are able to contribute towards the continuous improvement of the school community.
- To make a positive contribution to the school environment and ethos
- To develop and promote boys’ self-confidence, social skills and their responsibilities towards each other, teachers and adult members of staff
- To develop the boys’ knowledge, skills and understanding of how to contribute to society as a whole and what it means to be an active citizen
- To develop boys’ speaking and listening skills
- To allow the boys to have a voice and to share their ideas and opinions with others
- To develop the boys’ recognition of themselves as worthwhile individuals with a right to be heard
- To allow the boys to become more responsible and actively involved in the decision making process of the school
- To develop important life skills that promote positive mental health and social welfare, emotional literacy, critical and moral reasoning, self-esteem, self-awareness, communication skills, relationship skills and assertiveness
- To increase self-esteem and self-confidence
Click here to read some of our latest School Council suggestions.