boys stood in a group

Year 2 Matches Update

Year 2 Tag-Rugby vs The Falcons

The Dragons captained by Kit showed a solid defensive display in the first half, snatching tags off the Falcons consistently throughout. At half time the score was even at one try each. The second half got off to a flying start with the Falcons scoring try after try but Wetherby answered straight back every time to keep the gap close. In a final push the Dragons tagging skills showed and the ball was turned over to which Ale scored two tries, to put Wetherby one ahead. Wetherby had to survive one final attack from the Falcons where a missed placed pace was intercepted by Sebastian and the game was over. Ale scored 3, Sebastian 2 and Kit 1, Dragons 6 tries – Falcons 5.

The All Blacks played well for much of the game but lost 13 tries to 9. Tyler scored 4, Redmond went over twice as did Constantin and Freddie also scored. Some of the boys, when in possession, ran down the line and out of play which seemed to be the main issue, handing possession over to the Falcons on numerous occasions. More work needed at the training ground!

Springboks lost 9-11 to The Falcons. It was a very close and exciting game. Man of the match Cassar scored 7 tries, Arya scored one and Alfred scored the other. The Wallabies won ten tries to four. Man of the match Tristan was all over the pitch tagging the Falcon players and also managed to score 7 tries. Ari and Adam also picked up a try each in the destruction of the Falcons. An excellent performance all around.

The Pumas won convincingly, scoring six tries against the Falcons one. Solid performances all around with tries coming from Rolof and Mark.

Year 2 Football vs Eaton House

The Dragons dominated the opening half as Tyler, Johnny, Arthur and Ale were too much for the Eaton House defence to handle. Eaton House’s goalkeeper was easily first half man of the match making a string of great saves. Tyler eventually took the ball past three defenders and put the ball in to the top corner. Cooper and Constantin cleaned up everything at the back. Half time 1 – 0. Bizarrely, as the second half got underway, Wetherby conceded then shortly after found themselves 3-1 down! The Dragons didn’t give up and Tyler bagged a second to put the home team within one. Sebastian then followed up with a shot to score the equaliser. A brilliant “never say die” performance from a dominant Dragons team! Final score 3 -3.

The All Blacks had a disastrous day losing 3 – 2, a score line that flattered them but thanks to superstar goalkeeper Redmond, who kept the score tight. Ludo played very well up front and despite the home team leading 2-1 at half time, the midfield completely switched off for long periods, forgetting how to mark and gifted the visitors all 3 goals. It was the All Blacks first loss of the season and certainly one to forget!

The Springboks won 3 – 2 after being 2 – 1 down at half time. Arlo, Nicolo and Cassar all scoring on the way to victory. The Wallabies drew 2 – 2, Ayra and Alexander scoring the goals, with man of the match going to Tristan.

Wetherby debut manager Miss Wills led the Pumas to a 5 – 0 win. Goals thanks to Rohaan, Oliver, two for Aris and an own goal from Eaton House. Les Bleus had a satisfying 4 -1 win. Man of the match and scorer of all four goals Lewis played exceptionally throughout. A great all round team performance to support the goal scorer.

Azzurri took part in the most exciting game of the day winning 4 – 3. Goals coming from four different scorers, Oscar, Jonah, Kayen and Leo . The Red and Whites won 5 – 0. Oliver and Henry both scoring two goals and Saverio scoring the fifth. A great result. The final result of the day involved the Thistles who drew 1 – 1, thanks to a goal from Tarek Said.

Overall, nine games were played, five wins, three draws and one loss, a very successful day for Year 2.